Job Title: Sewing Machine Operator-Full-Time
EEO Category: Operatives
Exempt (Y/N): No
EEO Job Group: Sewing Machine Operators
Reports to: Sewing Supervisor
Last Updated on: November 10, 2014
Operate sewing or non-sewing machine or other manual tools to join, gather, hem, reinforce, mark or decorate articles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must meet AbilityOne requirements.
- Place spool of thread on spindle of machine and draws thread through machine guides, tensions and eye of needle.
- Insert bobbin into shuttle and draws thread through slot in shuttle or draws thread through guide and loop eye.
- Press knee lever, depress pedal, or move hand lever to raise presser foot or spread feed cups.
- Position parts to be joined under presser foot and needle and lowers presser foot.
- Start, stop, and control speed of machine with pedal or knee lever, and/or hand control.
- Guide parts under needle following edges, seams, guides on machine bed or markings on part.
- Observe stitching to detect defects and notifies supervisor or sewing machine mechanic when defects are caused by machine malfunction.
- Select sewing supplies such as binding, braid, cord, piping, tape, thread or welt according to specifications or color of material.
- Cut excess thread or material.
- Must follow all machine safety rules.
- Required working hours are 32 hours or more.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirement of a minimum 70% efficiency rating. The requirements listed on the job analysis form are representative of the skills, and/or ability required.
Education: High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
Experience: No experience required, training will be provided upon hire.
Specific Skills: None.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: None required.
Other Skills and Abilities: Good mechanical aptitude to be able to make the machine adjustments.
Physical Demands: Occasionally stands, walks, pushes/ pulls, and reaches. Continuously sits and grasps. Must be able to lift/move up to 5 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. May be exposed to loud manufacturing work environment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://readyone.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/34/2017/10/ReadyOne-Employment-Application-Sept-2017.pdf →