Job Title: Material Handler
Exempt (Y/N): No
Reports to: Sewing Supervisor
EEO Category: Laborers and Helpers
EEO Job Group: Laborers and Material Movers
Last Updated on: February 01, 2014
Responsible to maintain flow of production thru the section following supervisor’s directions; supply operators with products and components needed for the operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to supervisor any conditions that affect the section or production – i.e. lack of work, components, equipment problems, and production bottle necks.
- Report any risks, accidents or unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
- Help operators pick up and dispose materials when needed.
- Report to Supervisor of any machine or equipment problem.
- Read production schedules, inventory reports, and work orders to determine type and quantity of materials required, availability of stock, and order priority.
- Confer with department supervisors to determine overdue material and parts and to inform supervisors of material status.
- Work with Warehouseman to expedite transfer of materials from stock area to production areas.
- Examine material received, verifies parts numbers, and checks discrepancies such as damaged or unmarked parts.
- Compare work ticket specifications to material used at work stations to verify appropriate assignment.
- Responsible for completion of closing lots and cuts.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specific Skills: English and Spanish proficiency. Must be able to follow instructions.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: None required.
Other Skills and Abilities: Effective oral and written communication skills required. Good math, reading and writing skills.
Physical Demands: Frequently sits, bends, kneels, and reaches out with hands/arms. Must be able to lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Manufactory environment. The employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration and a loud work environment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://readyone.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/34/2017/10/ReadyOne-Employment-Application-Sept-2017.pdf →