EXEMPT (Y/N): Yes
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
EEO CATEGORY: Officials and Managers
EEO JOB GROUP: First/Mid-Level Officials and Managers
POSTING DATE: 9-27-18
Assist CFO with the financial affairs of the organization and with preparation of financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Responsible for the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Responsible for determining the depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Advise management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Coordinate external audits of company’s accounts.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Prepare and analyze company financial statements for accuracy and clarity.
- Manage the Accounting Department (including Payroll and staff).
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures, systems and controls which provide integrity to the processing of data and safeguards of Company’s assets and value.
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compiles a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, franchisees, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Follow all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Supervise and monitor staff which involves direct and indirect responsibilities for training, motivating, counseling, conducting performance evaluations, developing goals and developing procedures to ensure achievement of goals in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Continually provide feedback for both positive and negative performance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus CPA certification preferred.
Experience: Five years of hands-on accounting managerial related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specific Skills: English proficiency/ Spanish proficiency helpful. Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and governmental contracting/ accounting working knowledge.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Computer proficiency; Microsoft office-Product Efficiencies.
Other Skills and Abilities: Effective oral and written communication skills required. Ability to use general office equipment (i.e. facsimile, photocopy, and/or related office peripherals).
Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Frequently sits, bends, kneels, reach out with hands/arms. Must be able to lift/move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Office environment.
To apply for this job please visit readyone.org.