POSITION SUMMARY: Work under the guidance of an experienced mechanic. Receive hands on training and troubleshooting techniques on different types of equipment and through equipment manuals and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining the day to day reliability function, operation and maintenance of all equipment through completion of assigned preventive and predictive maintenance activities such as cleaning, inspection, adjusting, checking, and calibrating.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment.
- Responsible for setting up equipment as assigned.
- Ensure that equipment in assigned area is in proper and safe working order.
- Work under the general guidance of an experienced mechanic to perform major and minor overhauls of machinery.
- Ensure that all safety attachments are on the equipment at all times (i.e. finger guards, eye shields, belt covers, gear covers).
- Depending upon area of training and general expertise, may be assigned preventive maintenance task on mechanical, electrical, or electronic components, or all three.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
Education: High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required. Basic reading, writing, and mathematics.
Experience: None required
Specific Skills: English/Spanish proficiency. Basic electrical knowledge.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: None required.
Other Skills and Abilities: None.
Physical Demands: Frequently sits, bends, kneels, and reaches out with hands/arms. Must be able to lift/move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a manufactory environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
To apply for this job please visit readyone.org.