TITLE: Stitcher Operator
POSTING DATE: 01/09/2017
POSTING DEADLINE: Until Filled
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
Hours: Mon-Mon – Thur.: 6:00AM-4:30PM
Operate a stitching machine to produce stitched paper products from corrugated sheets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Must meet Ability-One requirements.
2. Make sure that all mechanical, electrical, and safety features such as guards and micro switches are in their proper working order.
3. Follow lock out/tag out procedures.
4. Repair, reduces any unsafe situation for this piece of equipment using the assistance of the maintenance department.
5. Report any malfunctions to the production manager.
6. Run and complete a quality product consistently in accordance to customer specs.
7. Maintain acceptable running specs.
8. Perform basic preventive maintenance on this machine with the help of the maintenance department.
9. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
10. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis attached are representative of the skills, and/or ability required.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
Experience: No experience required, training will be provided upon hire.
Specific Skills: Good mechanical aptitude to be able to make the machine adjustments.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: None required.
Other Skills and Abilities: None.
Physical Demands: Frequently stands and sits. Occasionally walks and climbs. Continuously stoops, grasps, reaches (shoulder level), and pushes up to 10 pounds. Must be able to frequently lift/move up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and extreme heat. May be exposed to loud work environment.