TITLE: Paper Sorter
DEPARTMENT: Document Destruction
POSTING DATE: 01/06/2017
POSTING DEADLINE: Until Filled
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
Hours: Mon-Mon – Thur.: 6:00AM-4:30PM
Sort all papers and contaminates from sorting belt and sort tables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Must meet Ability-One requirements.
2. Remove all contaminates from sort table and place in appropriate bins.
3. Remove carts from the end of the sort line as containers fill with paper and replace with empties.
4. Remove sort containers as you fill them with empties.
5. Makes certain that ALL paper is removed from containers.
6. Sort paper by category – white paper, non-white, and remove non-paper items.
7. Replace full containers of sorted paper with empty containers.
8. Must keep work area clean to ensure that all paper is either on the conveyor or inside a bin.
9. Must be willing to submit to and successfully pass an annual background screening conducted by the company and sign a company confidentiality agreement.
10. Must adhere to the Policies and Procedures of ReadyOne.
11. This job has no supervisory responsibilities
12. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
Experience: No experience required, training will be provided upon hire.
Specific Skills: None.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: None required.
Other Skills and Abilities: Good mechanical aptitude to be able to make the machine adjustments.
Physical Demands: Continuously stands, grasps, and reaches. Frequently walks and bends. Occasionally sits and twists. Must be able to push/pull up to 50 pounds, as well as lift/move up to 45 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. May be exposed to loud manufacturing work environment. Standing and/or sitting about 80% of the time.