TITLE: Material Handler
POSTING DATE: 10-13-16
POSTING DEADLINE: Until Filled
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
Hours: Mon-Monday- Thursday: 6:30am-5:00pm
Responsible to maintain flow of production thru the section following supervisor’s directions; supply operators with products and components needed for the operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Report to supervisor any conditions that affect the section or production – i.e. lack of work, components, equipment problems, and production bottle necks.
2. Report any risks, accidents or unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
3. Help operators pick up and dispose materials when needed.
4. Report to Supervisor of any machine or equipment problem.
5. Read production schedules, inventory reports, and work orders to determine type and quantity of materials required, availability of stock, and order priority.
6. Confer with department supervisors to determine overdue material and parts and to inform supervisors of material status.
7. Work with Warehouseman to expedite transfer of materials from stock area to production areas.
8. Examine material received, verifies parts numbers, and checks discrepancies such as damaged or unmarked parts.
9. Compare work ticket specifications to material used at work stations to verify appropriate assignment.
10. Responsible for completion of closing lots and cuts.
11. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
12. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specific Skills: English and Spanish proficiency. Must be able to follow instructions.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: None required.
Other Skills and Abilities: Effective oral and written communication skills required. Good math, reading and writing skills.
Physical Demands: Frequently sits, bends, kneels, and reaches out with hands/arms. Must be able to lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Manufactory environment. The employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration and a loud work environment.