General Labor 801614
TITLE: General Labor I
POSTING DATE: 07/15//2016
POSTING DEADLINE: Until Filled
NUMBER OF POSITIONS:
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Responsible for all administrative aspects of proposal development, ensuring security and integrity of all proposal documentation, coordination internal flow and review of all proposal inputs, and directing production of final master proposal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing and uploading electronic submissions.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Establish and maintain the electronic file library structure, archive, and back up capability and procedures for all proposal materials on the team’s server system.
- Establish and document electronic proposal file access and tracking protocols for ensuring the security and integrity of all proposal documentation.
- Responsible for identifying potential business opportunities posted in various Federal, State and Commercial web sites. (i.e. Fedbiz.org, GovWin)
- Responsible for updating ROI online presence including Website, Facebook and LinkedIn by coordinating monthly updates with key department personnel.1This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
Education: BA Bachelor’s degree (i.e. Communications, Creative Writing, English, Journalism) or equivalent experience required.
Experience: No experience required.
Specific Skills: Must be proficient in MS Word Office, Extensive Knowledge in Power Point, WordPress and comfortable with various types of interest search engines. SharePoint, MS Access Helpful.
Other Skills and Abilities: Strong effective oral and written communication skills required. Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning. Ability to use general office equipment (i.e. facsimile, photocopy, and/or related office peripherals).
Work Environment: Office environment. Reasonable accommodations