TITLE: Engineering Manager
POSTING DATE: 12/02/2016
POSTING DEADLINE: Until Filled
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
Hours: Monday- Thursday: 7:00am-5:00pm; Friday: 8:00am-12:00pm
Oversee the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively and is responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process.
2. Lead and direct the work of assigned manufacturing engineers and project engineers.
3. Direct the planning, design, implementation and management of integrated production systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control. These systems will integrate people, information, equipment, processes and energy throughout the life cycle of the product.
4. Plan and direct all engineering activities within the organization.
5. Plans, coordinates, and directs activities of the Manufacturing Engineering team in support of existing products and the introduction of new products which involves costing, analyze specifications, BOM, Commercial Item Descriptions, Technical Proposals, etc. and to develop the plan necessary to produce the item within the timeframe needed utilizing disabled workers.
6. Assignments of special projects in ergonomics, cost reduction, statistical process control, automation, facility layout among others.
7. Participate in production meetings.
8. Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
9. Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, work flow, and design layout of equipment / work space for maximum efficiency.
10. Provide technical support to the organization and make recommendations to enhance effectiveness of productivity, quality and safety.
11. Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
12. Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
13. Support all current and new product introductions.
14. Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications.
15. Analyze and isolate root causes of process issues within department and develop and implement permanent solutions. Implement new technology and equipment for process control and cost reduction.
16. Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed and testing procedures are in place before starting up vendors/subcontractors.
17. Able to assist in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material.
18. Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration.
19. Responsible for training vendors/subcontractors on new product launches to meet target date.
20. Communicate information or changes within the organization to employees.
21. Issue written and oral instructions.
22. Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
23. Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.
24. Supervise and monitor staff which involves direct and indirect responsibilities for training, motivating, counseling, conducting performance evaluations, developing goals and developing procedures to ensure achievement of goals in accordance with company policies and procedures.
25. Continually provide feedback for both positive and negative performance.
26. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mathematics, Science or Business Administration.
Experience: Ten years working in engineering, five years in management, and five years in apparel or sewing related industry or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specific Skills: Strong experience with manufacturing as well as supply chain techniques and processes such as supplier audits, new product introductions, product life cycles, manufacturing engineering, first article inspection, technical documentation, etc.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Demonstrated experience implementing principles such as SPC, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, etc. Detailed knowledge of MRP, Production and Inventory Control management
Other Skills and Abilities: Effective oral and written communication skills required. Proficient in PC applications (MS Office, AutoCAD, etc.)
Physical Demands: Frequently sits, bends, kneels, and reaches out with hands/arms. Must be able to lift/move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Both factory and office environment.