Customer Service Representative – Outbound (AB1)
TITLE: Customer Service Representative- Outbound
DEPARTMENT: Contact Center
POSTING DATE: 1-18-17
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 5
Make outbound calls while providing a high degree of customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must meet Ability-One Requirements.
- Adhere to the highest possible level of customer service and professionalism at all times.
- Present friendly, cooperative attitude towards customers, donors and general public at all times.
- Handle customer questions, complaints, and product related questions with highest level of courtesy, professionalism, and listening skills to resolve customer issues with one-call resolution.
- Ability to continuously recommend and sell account upgrades.
- Use training and computerized tools to answer customer questions on donations and scheduling of donations.
- Follow standardized call flow requirement for all calls.
- Log and track calls in a computer database, and maintains history records.
- Access customer account information via computer software and make necessary entries to set appointments or resolve problems/issues.
- Initiate high volume of outbound calls to set sales and or pledges.
- Answer customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and requirements.
- Responsible for improving customer retention through programs and services provided to the customer.
- Inform customers of giveaways, promotions and other incentives for making donations or to close the sale.
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with objective of retaining customer business.
- Communicate with customer via telephone demonstrating proper grammar, data entry and typing skills.
- Must type a minimum of 25 wpm.
- Use appropriate accommodations and assistive technology masters’ computer operation, software and telephone equipment required for the position.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to master and follow standardized scripts and detailed processes to insure efficiency, accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Adapt responses to customers with minimal scripting available.
- Handle a variety of problems, questions, or situations following established criteria.
- Operate with discretion within defined parameters.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: Prefer successful bilingual contact center experience, but not required. Minimum of six months of work experience dealing with and communicating with people. Experience and competency in dealing with computer and phone systems as demonstrated by experience and skill in any the following, email usage, paying bills online, shopping online and other forms of pull-down menu usage, texting and other forms of cell phone usage
Specific Skills: Fluency in English required at a level generally associated with a high school graduate, with effective oral and written skills: Must speak and read at least basic conversational Spanish. Ability to speak clearly on the telephone so as to be understood easily by customers. Using assistive technology where needed, able to enter, retrieve and read information in a computer systems. Strong listening, empathy and problems solving skills. Able to thrive in upbeat, lively work environment requiring multi-tasking.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Basic computer knowledge or related.
Other Skills and Abilities: Telemarketing skills
Physical Demands: Continuously sit. Occasionally stand, walk, and reach. Frequently grasps. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Fast-paced office environment.